A significant number of tasks in my Project file have been reassigned new UID's, and I need to manually re-establish them in Milestones Pro. I can see them in the automation tag report, but is there a way to mass-delete them, without having to click every symbol and remove the tags manually?
I moved my Microsoft Project schedule to a new version of Project for use on Project Server. All of my Unique IDs (UIDs) were changed! How can I update my Milestones schedule easily?
Milestones Professional 2015 does have a tool built-in which can help with this process.
1. In Excel (or other spreadsheet software), build a simple list of the old UIDs and the new UIDs.
2. Copy the list to the clipboard
3. In Milestones, choose the Connections tab.
4. Choose the small down arrow next to Refresh previously imported project.
5. From the drop-down menu select Manage Nicknames in Cells and Symbol tags.
6. Press the button indicated. Then Change IDs Now.
Update UIDs in Milestones when Project UIDs change